IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR GENEVE WATCH WARRANTY - You have acquired a fine GENEVE timepiece. Follow these instructions for the proper care of your new watch.
1. Do not expose your watch to water unless it is marked "water resistant" on the back. Watches exposed to water will not be covered under warranty.
2. Do not attempt to open watch to replace batteries yourself as this operation must be performed by a qualified jeweler under very controlled dust-freee conditions.
3. If your watch has Calendar or Day features, pull out stem halfway and turn till the right day appears.
ONE YEAR OR TWO YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY - Your GENEVE timepiece is warranted for 1 or 2 years (depending on your warranty card) from the date of receipt against defective materials and workmanship. Excluded from coverage are damages caused by accident, misuse, or if the watch has been improperly serviced by other than us. This warranty does not cover repair or replacement of case, batteries, watchbands, straps, dials, crowns, or crystals as such items are subject to the "wear and tear" of daily use. We reserve the right to replace a defective watch with the same model (new).
1. Contact us by email ( cs@WatchmakersService.com ) or phone 877-820-8002 to initiate the service.
2. Carefully cushion the watch and ship, as per our instructions. Do not ship the gift box, which can not be returned.
The watch must be registered for service within 30 days of purchase. If not, we will require a copy of the dated sales receipt to establish date of initial purchase and we will also require a surcharge of $20.00.
These terms only apply to items from the 50 U.S. States and its territories. We are happy to service a watch being shipped from Canada or Mexico under warranty. However, special provisions will apply, including freight charges. If you have such a service request, please be sure to inform us when you request service.